| 'Open-air prison': Cardiff residents angered by NATO summit security fence VIDEO
| CHANNEL 4 EXPOSE MASONS INVOLVED IN WELSH CHILD ABUSE SCANDAL VIDEO
| NATIONAL CRIME AGENCY BOSS TO REVIEW NORTH WALES ABUSE COVER UP VIDEO
|FALSIFIED WELSH NHS MEDICAL RECORDS
Clerk of the Court
MORE ON MAURICE HERE
Criminal Court of Appeal
12th April 2011
Regina v Maurice John Kirk
Hearing this morning
Should I be unable to attend today’s Appeal and their Lordships are minded to hear the case in my absence and not adjourn to obtain clarification from Dr Tegwyn Williams, as to my state of mind on the day of the alleged offence, please take in to account the following not already given in my 7th April 2011 submission or in the 11th April letter employing Dr Sheida Oraki as my Mackenzie Friend, explaining the serious need for medical clarification.
1. My anaesthetist wrote (enclosed) to His Honour Judge Cooke QC refusing to operate without medical clarification from Dr Tegwyn Williams.
2. My Barry, South Wales general practitioner wrote (enclosed) to HHJ Cooke QC requesting he order medical clarification as to my mental state from Dr Tegwyn Williams
3. I appeared before HHJ Cooke QC with copy of those letters and clear evidence of brain damage from three Dr Tegwyn Williams medical reports, also served on the court and his 7th August 2009 report stating I was suffering from a paranoid delusional disorder due to persecution by the South Wales Police.
4. I was in court on heavy doses of mind enhancing drugs, for analgesia, that the learned judge must have been aware of.
5. HHJ Cooke QC, with all the extraordinary medical reports before him, should have considered whether I had the mental capacity on the day to be both competent and compellable to stand trial for Contempt of Court. No relevant medical examination was carried out.
6. Should this court allow my calling eye witnesses plus HHJ Cooke QC, refused by the previous judge, they will all confirm the learned judge refused to allow an apology to be made or an explanation of my mental state.
7. The same witnesses, including the police officer present, will all confirm the learned judge had already risen from his seat to leave the court before I lobbed, a few feet, the file of medical evidence onto the clerk’s desk.
8. Any such incident, it is the Appellant’s submission, could, at most, only have carried a ‘binding over’ Order no longer relevant.
9. The prisoner was not medically examined with the view as to whether a pleading of insanity or temporary insanity should be have been considered, before the trial judge, in the light of all the confusing medical documents in the possession of both the court and prisoner.
Maurice J Kirk BVSc
| SOUTH WALES POLICE COLLUDE IN CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE VIDEO
| WELSH ASSEMBLY EXPOSE FREEMASONS VIDEO
| OUTRAGE AT FREEMASON BEING SELECTED AS WELSH STANDARDS COMMISSIONER VIDEO
|FORMER WELSH AUDITOR GENERAL ADMITS CHILD PORN OFFENCES
The former auditor general for Wales has pleaded guilty to possessing more than 100 pornographic images of children.
Jeremy Colman, aged 61, was arrested in February on indecent images charges.
Colman stepped down from his job in February while police investigated allegations relating to his office computer.
He was remanded in custody. Cardiff Crown Court was told 50 of the images showed adults having sex with children.
|EX-AUDITOR GENERAL CHARGED WITH MAKING AND POSSESSING INDECENT IMAGES
The former Auditor General for Wales Jeremy Colman has been charged with 15 counts of making and possessing indecent images.
Auditor General charged with making and possessing indecent images
South Wales Police said the 61-year-old from Dinas Powys in the Vale of Glamorgan will appear at Cardiff Magistrates' Court on 17 March.
Mr Colman, who had been head of the public spending watchdog the Wales Audit Office (WAO) since 2005, resigned in February after he was arrested.
An interim auditor has been chosen.
Gillian Body, who has been managing partner at the WAO, was nominated for the role.
Ms Body, who is also a member of the WAO Executive Committee, will serve in an interim capacity while the assembly's Public Accounts Committee (PAC) undertakes a full appointments process to find a permanent replacement for the role.
| MASONS IN WALES (INTRO) VIDEO
|COPS ARREST FORMER AUDITOR GENERAL FOR WALES OVER INDECENT IMAGES
THE former Auditor General for Wales has been arrested on suspicion of possessing indecent images, it was confirmed tonight.
Jeremy Colman, 61, who lives in Dinas Powys, in the Vale of Glamorgan with wife Gillian, resigned from his £170,000-a-year post last week after pornography was found on his office laptop.
Until his resignation he headed the Wales Audit Office, which scrutinises the accounts of public sector bodies with budgets of more than £19bn.
His successor has yet to be appointed.
SPENDING WATCHDOG CHIEF QUITS OVER LAPTOP PORN
Cops investigate Auditor General over laptop porn
A statement issued by South Wales Police said: “A 61-year-old man from the Vale of Glamorgan has been arrested on suspicion of possessing indecent images.
“The 61-year-old has been bailed until March 3 pending further enquiries.”
|SPENDING WATCHDOG CHIEF QUITS OVER LAPTOP PORN
The head of Wales's public spending watchdog resigned after pornography was found on his laptop, it was reported today.
Cops investigate Auditor General over laptop porn
Jeremy Colman stood down as the Auditor General for Wales yesterday after an internal investigation into his personal conduct.
Today the Western Mail reported that pornography had been discovered on his computer.
His departure caused surprise around Cardiff Bay when it was announced suddenly by the Welsh Assembly's authorities.
The Wales Audit Office (WAO), the body he led, would not be drawn on the specific reasons for his resignation, which was forwarded to the Queen and will take effect immediately once accepted.
In a statement today, the WAO said: "Jeremy Colman stood down yesterday from the office of Auditor General for Wales following an internal review around matters of personal conduct.
"We cannot elaborate any further at this moment in time."
Mr Colman was appointed for a five-year term in 2005, extended for a further three years last May.
An interim appointment is likely to be made as finding a permanent replacement will take several months.
The Assembly's Public Accounts Committee is responsible for overseeing the selection process. Members were briefed on the procedure by its chairman Jonathan Morgan.
The WAO's day-to-day running will be handled by its executive committee.
Created in 2005, it is responsible for auditing and inspecting a wide range of public services.
The Auditor General is independent of the Assembly and of the Welsh Assembly Government.
His statutory powers and responsibilities include auditing the accounts of the Assembly Government and other public bodies, including within the NHS.
A report into the WAO last year said a small number of staff grievances alleged bullying and harassment.
The International Peer Review, published in October, criticised a "lack of trust" within the organisation.
It said the Auditor General was accessible and willing to speak to any member of staff, but there were "clearly wider issues of trust and confidence in decision-making and the wider senior management team".
Leaked staff surveys and other sensitive information was damaging the WAO's reputation, it added.
Unhealthy tensions between bosses were highlighted, as were perceptions of nepotism in the way staff were chosen for projects.
Information obtained by an AM also revealed five WAO managers were subject to disciplinary action or investigations between April 2005 and last October following complaints by staff.
All managers were given advice or asked to attend courses on workplace bullying.
Plaid Cymru's Leanne Wood called for an investigation into the organisation after the disclosure.